Saturday, December 8, 2012

Bare Minerals High Shine Eye Color Review




Normally, I’m not a huge Bare Minerals fan and I usually don’t frequent that section of Sephora but these super shiny pigments caught my eye. After one swipe from the tester, I immediately threw one in the basket. And then I just couldn’t help myself and I returned to grab another one. At $16 a pop, they are not cheap but I definitely feel like they are worth it.
They come in 6 different, super shiny colors:
Patina: a gorgeous forest green
Electric: a bright blue
Bronzed: beautiful bronze
Frost: shiny silver
Moonshine: deep plum
Glisten: Nude, almost light gold
I bought them in Glisten and Moonshine because I felt like I could use Glisten as a base eyeshadow color and Moonshine as a contour color.

What I Love:
~Super shiny!! It almost looks like foil on your lid!
~Very pigmented-only need a tiny bit to get intense color
~Look great mixed and matched together
~Lasted allllll day-this stuff seriously doesn’t budge! I had to use my waterproof makeup remover to take off
~Opaque finish
~Glided nicely onto my lid
~Gorgeous colors
~Free of preservatives and chemical irritants
~Looks gorgeous as a liner under the lower lash line
What I’m Not Crazy About:
~The applicator-it comes in a tube with a wand-like applicator built in, like the one you get with your Covergirl eyeshadow. It’s a tad bulky and messy and I’d rather have it in a loose pigment style jar so I can use my own brush to apply it. I actually ended up dumping a tiny bit out onto my palette and using my own eyeshadow contour brush anyways.
~Need to make sure to wipe off the excess shadow onto the edge of the container or else you will end up with tons of fallout on your cheek
~If you apply too much of it on your lid, it looks a tad ridiculous in my opinion. A little goes a long way!! But if you want people to be able to see themselves in your eyeshadow, then go nuts!
~Not the type of shadow you’d wear to the office
If you’re interested, definitely check out your local Sephora or support OBD and purchase
Thanks for reading!!
xo Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment