Thursday, December 6, 2012

My 5 Must Have Makeup Brushes


Although I am a huge fan of using my fingers to apply a majority of my makeup, there are a few brushes out there that I can’t seem to live without. These brushes have made my makeup application a lot easier as well as resulting in a much more flawless finish. These are my 5 current brushes that I count on for giving me that perfect, polished look.

1. Sephora Professional Platinum Airbrush Precision Foundation Brush #56 – $32
This brush is the answer to perfectly applied foundation with a gorgeous airbrushed finish. I love the way it feels on my face and it never leaves my skin feeling itchy like some other brushes do. My other big concern with some other foundation brushes is that they soak up a lot of the foundation and a lot of product is wasted. But this brush did not do that at all and it distributed the product very evenly over my face. I like how this one is a bit smaller than the regular sized Platinum Foundation Airbrush because it allowed me to have more control over where I put the product and to get in all those hard to reach spots like under my nose and eyes. I also loved that I could continue to layer my foundation if I needed extra coverage without it looking too heavy. It gave me perfectly applied foundation every time!! And I especially love the finish I get when I use this brush with Make Up For Ever’s HD foundation-flawless!!

2. Urban Decay Good Karma Blush Brush – $32
This brush is the ultimate multi-tasker. I love using it to apply blush and bronzer because it distributes the color very evenly and it picks up a good amount of product.  The angular shape also allows me to precisely apply contour and highlighter as well. And it also makes a great foundation brush and all over powder brush. There is nothing this brush can’t do. It also feels so soft and smooth on my face. It is synthetic so it is super hygienic and its cruelty-free and vegan!! Can’t beat that!

3. Japonesque Travel Angled Eyeliner Brush – $11
This is the best brush ever for applying gel or cream eyeliner. So for you Mac BlackTrack fans, grab yours today for the most precise eyeliner application ever. I love that it is soft yet firm. It creates a super thin line and comes to a perfect point so it is the ultimate tool for creating that super precise winged liner. I used to be terrible at creating a nice wing but with this tool, I have become a pro. It makes it so much easier. And the small size makes it super portable and easy to maneuver over the eyes. You get high quality results for only $11! Consider me sold!!

4. Sephora Professional Rounded Crease Brush #13 – $17
This brush will make even the beginner makeup artist look like a pro. It blends eye shadow like a dream and fits perfectly in my crease. I use it everyday to create flawless eye shadow looks. And it is super soft. Love this brush!!

5. Urban Decay Good Karma Shadow Brush – $26
This is just my go-to eye shadow brush for everyday looks. It picks up just the right amount of color and is great for shadow application all over the lid. It is also great for distributing color in the crease but you definitely need a crease brush to blend out it. I also use the tip of the brush for putting shadow underneath my eyes. I can create pretty much any shadow look with both this and the crease brush. And once again, its cruelty-free and vegan. Love it!
Well there you have it-my top 5, ultimate, can’t live without makeup brushes. Life is just a little bit easier with this set of brushes in my collection! 
Thanks for reading!!
xo Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment