Tuesday, December 4, 2012

New Obsession: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Shadow Pencil


Ok little venting session. I went on a quick run to Naime's, the local beauty supply store. Well it wasn't exactly quick, it never is.  They always have some new display or a bunch of new products that I can't help but check out. Sometimes I literally have to drag myself out of the store or else I'll sacrifice eating cereal for a week for an eyeshadow palette. But today wasn't so bad. All I needed was my beloved false lashes. And when I went to get my Ardell 122's, I noticed the lashes looked different than usual. Yes they are the same general style but they look as if they aren't made as well. I hate this!! I feel like this happens every time I find a false lash style I love. I buy them for months and then its like they can't afford the labor so they start making them all shitty. They aren't as long and wispy and they even feel more flimsy. Ugh!! Hopefully next month's shipment is much better or else it might get ugly. Moving on...on the bright side, I stopped at Sephora afterwards and found my new favorite obsession!! I'm already in love with the Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliners and now they came out with these new Glide-On Shadow Pencils and they are A-MAAA-ZING!!
I bought one in Clinic, a dark teal with silver shimmer, and in Barracuda, a black that has a slight silver shimmer in it so it looks almost like a gun metal grey color. I love these!
Pros: Super soft, Glides on effortlessly, Lots of vibrant colors to choose from, Super Waterproof, Easy to blend, Shimmer adds a pretty sparkle to the eye
Cons: Some people might not like the shimmer in the pencil, Might be a little tricky to remove-need a waterproof makeup remover ( Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads work great!!), Pricey
Cost: $20
Where to find: Sephora, online at UrbanDecay.com
http://www.urbandecay.com/24-7-glide-on-shadow-pencil/278,default,pd.html
Ways to use:  
1.) As normal eyeliner on upper lid or below the eye-can do a thinner, more defined line or a thicker, smudged line
2.) On waterline (inner rim). Barracuda gives great definition on the waterline and adds a fun shimmer
3.) Blended onto the entire lid as a sheer eyeshadow
4.) Blended into the crease to contour the eye
5.) Blend a lighter color in the inner corner of the eye to brighten

No comments:

Post a Comment