Thursday, December 6, 2012

Carlene K Shine Bronzer Body Glow


Doesn't it aggravate the crap out of you when you find an extraordinary product, it becomes a part of your daily routine and boom, the second you start to think, "What did I ever do without this??", they decide to discontinue it?!! Well that's how I felt about Maybelline Dream Glow Bronzer Booster Makeup. I know, I should have been prepared for the devastating day when my little bottle would run out and I'd no longer have the luxury of just buying another one. I should have stocked up but at the time I was completely ignorant to the fact that this was a limited edition product. Next time, I will not be so ill-informed.
Unfortunately with my blonde hair and blue eyes comes pasty white skin. And I'm way too enlightened on the aging, not to mention cancerous, effects of tanning beds and excessive tanning outdoors. For some reason, though, wrinkles petrify me way more than a tumor growing on my insides. So for this reason, I must resort to sunless tanning and bronzing lotions to achieve that sexy, I just got back from Saint-Tropez, I might be J.Lo's sister look. And that's where these bronzer booster drops came in. With just a couple drops in my lotion and applied to my entire body, I was transformed into a glowing goddess. So the discontinuation of this left a void in my life but lo and behold! Carlene K Shine Bronzer Body Glow has come to my rescue!  I feel whole again. Carlene is an LA-based Celebrity Makeup Artist and she definitely nailed this one on the head!
What It Is: A bronzing lotion that leaves you looking perfectly suntanned. It can be worn on your entire body and it doesn't actually darken your skin's pigmentation like self tanners do. It just gives you a nice glow that can be washed off at the end of the night.
What I Love:
~Doesn't have to be mixed with lotion-but you can if you don't want the color to be as deep
~Dries quickly and seriously doesn't transfer color on your clothes. About 5 min after applying it, I felt my arm and it was completely dry, not tacky or wet at all. (Honestly this is the most important detail for me!! Most liquid bronzers are super messy)
~You can apply it, let it dry and re-apply for a deeper, darker color
~Doesn't look fake or orange at all; Gives just a pretty, bronzed glow
~Wipes off easily with water
~Makes my legs look thinner and sexier!!
~Lasted all through a night of dancing
~Claims to have anti-aging benefits-not gonna argue with that!
What I'm Not So Crazy About:
~Though the smell is by no means terrible, its pretty intense at first and my boyfriend wasn't crazy about it. But after about 10 min, the smell fades and it actually gives off a quite pleasant sweet scent.
~It might be a little too shimmery for some people (It's not crazy sparkly or anything but some people may not want any shimmer at all)
~You have to apply it quite quickly in nice circular motions otherwise it'll start to dry and it won't look as blended and even
If you're like me and are cursed by the pasty curse, you won't be disappointed!! You will be Beautiful and Bronzed in no time!!!
You can find it on Carlene's website to buy online or search locations that sell it in-store.
Thanks for reading!!
xo Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment