Saturday, December 8, 2012

My 5 Favorite Makeup Looks from NY Fashion Week Fall 2012


New York Fashion Week has finally come to an end and it definitely did not disappoint. For all the beauty addicts out there, such as myself, the makeup took center stage. The runways were flooded with flawless skin, bold liner, and sexy, colorful lips. Absolutely gorg!!! And totally wearable! There were so many amazing looks that the makeup artists created this year but here are 5 of my absolute favorite….


1.) Rodarte 
I gasped when I saw this photo, so obsessed!!! I love that the artist used bronzer on a larger portion of the cheeks, in and above the eyebrows and in the crease of the eyes. It makes the girls look like they’ve spent the day in the desert, basking in the sun and maybe rolling in the sand a little bit. Paired with white shadow to highlight the inner corners of the eyes, a hint of pink shadow along the lashlines, and pale pink lips, this look could not be more amazing. So angelic and effortless.


2.) Carmen Marc Valvo 
This look immediately reminded me of Mila Kunis. I cannot get enough of the smudgy black eyeliner and bare flawless skin. It just screams, “Yeah,I’m gorgeous but I don’t give a f@#%!”  I love that all of the emphasis is on the lower lash line with heavy, smudged out liner and that they kept the eyelids softer with taupe shadow blended out towards the temples in a soft wing shape. The darker shadow in the crease adds just the right amount of definition without being too dramatic. The look is kept polished with smooth, dewy skin absent of any blush or bronzer, thick, defined brows and a hint of pale pink gloss. Perfection!



3.) Jeremy Scott 
You may be thinking wtf?! but these bold, blue lips are one of my absolute favorite trends to try. Not everyone may be brave enough to sport these crazy hues in the daylight but try rocking them out to your favorite after hours spot and I promise you’ll be the life of the party. I wore this look a few times just for shits and giggles and they got a surprisingly positive response. And they made me feel super sexy in a futuristic, kinky space alien kind of way. I love that the artist kept the eyes super simple and the facial jewels just add to the crazy feel of this daring look. I can’t wait for the day when rocking blue lips is the norm. Loves!


4.) Badgley Mischka 
This breathtaking makeup looks like it’s straight out of a Tim Burton movie. Its edgy, modern goth with a whimsical twist. I’m absolutely loving the matte, burgundy lips paired with the bold, plum shadows on the eyes. I am so sick of the dark lips with no eye makeup look. This strong eye, strong lip is so refreshing and pretty. I love the gold liner under the eye as well, it adds to the sort of fairytale element of this look and offsets the harshness of the shadow. And her face is left bare, accentuating her perfect pale skin. To wear this in real life, I would tame down the shadow just a bit, not extending it all the way to the brow bone. And that hair is stunning-Werk!!


5.) Anna Sui 
I am so in love with thick, colorful winged eyeliner and I couldn’t be more ecstatic that this trend isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. It is one of my favorite looks to wear and always manages to make me feel pretty. Anyone can pull this off. It instantly brightens your face and adds such a fun element to your overall look. With this bold hue lining your peepers, you can keep the rest of your face bare, making this a relatively quick makeup application. All shades of blue are super in right now but don’t be afraid to try other gorgeous hues like purple and green. This bold look is sure to turn heads and score a ton of compliments.
I hope you guys were as inspired by these looks as I was. Don’t be afraid to experiment and try out new things-create your own trends!!
Thanks for reading!

xo Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment