Saturday, December 8, 2012

5 Favorite Highlighters that Guarantee Radiant, Glowing Skin


I’ve been busy job hunting the past couple weeks so I’ve been quite the slacker when it comes to new posts. I’ve been looking for a stable makeup counter position and that has led me to researching a lot of different lines and learning even more about some truly fabulous products. I’ve been especially excited about an opportunity to work for Urban Decay since its one of my all time favorite lines and interviewing for them has given me an excuse to buy even more of their products, for “research”of course :). So I’ll be doing a lot of upcoming posts on Urban Decay products since I’ve fallen in love with each one I pick up. Who knew they had such a fabulous mineral foundation?!! Anyways…I picked up their Cream Highlight in Sin and I can’t get enough. I love using highlighter to really brighten up my face and give it that sexy luminous glow. I always apply it by starting under my eyes and curving it upwards towards the hair line. I love when it glistens on top of my cheekbones and blends beautifully into my blush. I also apply it on my brow bone. With creams, I usually just use my fingers to apply and with powders, I use an angled highlighting brush. It really adds dimension to the face and just looks so pretty! I love experimenting with different highlighters, both cream and powder versions and picking up this newest UD highlighter inspired me to do a post on my five current favorite highlighters…..Enjoy!

1. Urban Decay Cream Highlight in Sin-Super creamy and glides beautifully over the skin. Adds a gorgeous shimmer to the face. Feels super lightweight and makes my skin look like its glistening in the light. My fav color is Sin because its the most universal and will look good on practically everyone. I also love Brown Sugar for people with a darker complexion. Moonshine has a pink pearlescent finish that I’m not crazy about but would look great with a more dramatic makeup look. Oh and the packaging is super cute!!


2. Nars Albatross Highlighting Blush Powder-Best powder highlighter out there (in my opinion)! Looks like its super white in the packaging but when applied, it leaves a beautiful natural-looking sheen on the skin. It has a slightly pearlescent finish without looking chalky or heavy. It blends perfectly and lasts all day. Also, if your not a fan of shimmer or actual sparkle in your highlighter, this is your savior. Just adds that perfect glow for day or night. I own the new Nars Blush/Bronzer Trio compact which includes this highlighter and I never leave the house without it!

3. Make Up For Ever Uplight-This is a luminizing gel that comes out of a pump. Gorgeous color selection!! So many to choose from and all are so pretty! Super blendable and a little goes a long way! Gives a lot of sheen to the skin. Can mix into foundation if you want for an all over glow but be careful not to use too much or you’ll look like a shiny mess. Also avoid using on entire face if you have oily or mature skin. Gel and cream highlighters, in general, are great for dry skin. These when blended out correctly actually look very sheer and natural!

4. Smashbox Artificial Light Luminizing Lotion in Flash-Super sheer and easy to blend.Beautiful pearlescent finish. Can also add to foundation or moisturizer. Good for the skin since it contains ginkgo biloba and japanese green tea. Comes in easy to use pump dispenser

5. TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer-A pressed powder that glides on flawlessly and is super silky. Love the soft glow it leaves on the skin. Can use as highlighter or all over the face.
Hope you have fun experimenting with a few of these! You are guaranteed radiant, glowing skin!!
Thanks for reading!!
xo Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment