Tuesday, December 4, 2012

5 Fabulous Beauty Products I Can't Live Without


I thought I’d share a few of my oh so favorite beauty essentials. They change all the time but these are the ones I currently cannot live without…
 1. L’Oreal True Match Super-blendable Makeup with SPF 17 sunscreen
  • Matches my skin tone perfectly and blends flawlessly into my skin
  • Its oil-free so its less likely to break me out, which it never has so far
  • Has SPF in it so it gives me my daily sun protection
TIP: Though SPF is great for normal every day use, don’t use foundations with SPF in them if you are doing a photoshoot or taking a bunch of pictures that day. They contain Titanium Dioxide, which will make you turn that ghostly, white color in photos. Yuck!
  • Feels very lightweight on my skin and evened out my skin tone perfectly with a nice, semi-matte finish
  •  When I paired it with a primer, it seriously stayed on all night and I never had to retouch it once.
  • At $7-8 in the drugstore, you can’t beat it!
2. Ardell Fashion Lashes in 122 Black
  • Seriously don’t know what I’d do without them!! Completely changes the way my eyes look
  • Clear band is totally undetectable when applied correctly
  • Can re-use them like 50 times
TIP: Each night after wearing your falsies, gently take them off with makeup remover and clean off all the glue that’s left on the band. Clean the lashes with makeup remover the same way you would your normal lashes. Place the lashes back on the plastic cartridge they came with. Continue to re-use the lashes until they start to lose their shape.
  • The 122’s are pretty long but if you’re a lash whore like me, they seem completely natural. They are longer in the center and shorter on the sides, which I love, and the lashes look very “wispy”
  • At around $3, you can afford to buy a few different styles if you want to experiment and find out which ones you like best!
3. Kiehl’s Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion
  • At-home microdermabrasion treatment seriously changed the way my skin feels!!
  • Use 2-3 times per week and leaves my skin so soft!! Nothing else has changed my skin texture the way this has
  • Makes my other skin products and serums more effective because it allows them to penetrate even deeper
  • Gives me the same results, with a much cheaper price tag, as the spa micro-dermabrasion treatments
TIP: Do this scrub at night and follow with your normal night cream and you’ll wake up to baby soft skin!!
  • $40, which might seem like a lot but you only use a small amount and only 2-3 times a week so it lasts a looooong time!!
4. Make Up Forever Aqua Cream
  • These waterproof cream colors are great for using on the eyes, lips and cheeks!
  • I have the light purple one and use it on my lids for a nice base for my eyeshadow and it seriously doesn’t budge. You can use it alone as well for a nice sheer color on the lids and go to the beach and it won’t go anywhere.
  • I also have the candy pink one and use it on my cheeks for a nice pop of color and on my lips as well. Its a pretty dry formula so when applying to cheeks, you have to blend quickly! And I mean quick!! Otherwise it’ll dry on your cheeks and won’t budge.
TIP: If using this on your lips, apply concealer first and then put a generous amount of the cream over and top with a sticky gloss to create a fun, Barbie pink look!
5. Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
  •  Best eyelid primer of all time!!
  • My eye makeup will not budge with this stuff on!! I can put on my eyeshadow early in the morning and it will last me through the night
  • Makes my lids super smooth so eyeshadow just glides on effortlessly and blends perfectly.
  • I think my disgustingly dirty, broken, overused tube says it all

No comments:

Post a Comment